Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


Thanksgiving is one of my more favorite holidays.  As a child it was a time for lots of cooking and baking and vacation from school.  Every year my mother  had my brother and I help with the preperations and pick a dish of our own to contribute to the feast.  I always picked the pumkin pie and my brother picked jello salad.  It was a time for good smells and food, good friend and family, and beautiful fall weather in the country.  As an adult it's  pretty much the same, except the vacation is my children's.  I still make the pumpkin pie, and look forward to the fall weather and a table surrounded by hungery loved ones.

For the last couple of years we've been brining our turkey and removing the back bone, it cooks quicker and stays juicier.

If it's thanksgiving it's got to pumpkin!


No comments: