Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Celestine

Dharma Trading Company is a great yarn and craft resource store in San Rafael. A couple of months ago while making a regular visit to the store I saw a wonderful creation sitting on their counter. It was the Celestine ball by Berroco, a dodecahedron, or twelve pointed star. I had my three year old son Nico with me at the time and he was just as in awe of the creation as I was so... I let him pick out some yarn and went home to get the free pattern off the Berroco website.

This is how it turned out.  Nico picked this thick colorful wool yarn that I knitted then felted. Mine came out much bigger than the pattern because I changed the yarn and needle size.  It's a great ball, but I really love it as a pillow on the sofa.  I loved the first one so much I made another one for my nephew.  This time I used the recommended sock weight yarn, I also changed the pattern to be more pointed at the tips.


A work in progress, and the finished thing.

Side by side.



No comments: